Solace Hospice is serious about taking precautions with patients, families and healthcare workers. Our nurses and CNA’s are utilizing full gowns, masks, gloves and shoe covers to keep our community safe as we care for those who need our support most.
We want to take a moment to update you on measures we are taking to ensure safety. Solace conducts daily information gathering for COVID-19 through public health authorities (Maricopa County Public Health, Arizona Coalition for Healthcare Emergency Response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and protocols to assist with managing infection control and safety. We have taken the following measures to ensure the safety of our patients and employees:
- Screening of patients to include questions of exposure and any cough, difficulty breathing, and or temperature greater than 100.4
- Providing educational information for patients and families
- Developing and implementing Preparedness/Precautions Plans and policies
- Conducting re-education with all agency employees on standard precautions and vigorous hand hygiene
- Daily updates provided to staff as they are available
- Following AzCher, CDC, state and local health department guidelines
We will continue to update and develop processes based on guidance from CDC, AzCher and state and local health departments. The health and wellbeing of our patients and employees is our number one priority.