Hospice Care and Eligibility in the Phoenix Valley
Find out how you can get free hospice care
Our care programs offer unique services tailored for specific situations. Some types of care are paid for by Medicare and Medicaid. Others may be covered by long-term care insurance. Some may need to be paid privately.
If you have questions, ask us. We can help you find out which program is the best for your situation and what is and isn’t on your plan.
Hospice Eligibility and Costs
If the person you care for has an incurable condition, hospice care is available at no charge. Patients and families can call and request the support of hospice. Ultimately the patient’s doctor must certify that the patient meets eligibility requirements.
- Patient must have an incurable illness.
- A physician must certify that he or she would not be surprised if the patient were to pass away within the next 6 months.
- Patient must be willing to forego curative treatments in favor of treatments that promote comfort and quality of life.
- Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances will cover 100% of hospice services.
- No one will be turned away due to an inability to pay.
This article is brought to you by Solace Hospice.
Might you or a loved one benefit from hospice care?
Return to top
Check out our services